Services provided: SEO
An online presence gone stale
ANKOM Technology had previously seen limited results with their current SEO service. They had identified 222 highly important search terms, and had only managed to rank for 4 of those.
As their traffic was mostly referral traffic (almost no organic traffic) and very random, they were looking to find a solution that would create consistent traffic and rank for relevant search terms.
Under the microscope
After an initial technical audit of ANKOM Technology’s online presence, we found thousands of technical errors that had been missed by the previous SEO service. These included:
- Duplicate and generic Title Tags not designed to drive action
- Sitemap problems leading to inefficient crawling from search engine robots
- Incorrect handling of not found pages
- Overuse of H1 heading tags for content on a significant number of pages on the site
- SEO theming issues. There were no rankings in the top 100 for all but four of their high priority terms.
- Robots.txt issues
- Missing Meta Descriptions leading to random, sometimes irrelevant snippets appearing in the search results pages
- Issues in the site build that caused crawlability problems for Google’s bots
- Significant amounts of thin content pages that added little value to users